Are you good at maintenance tasks such as designing, producing, renewing and preserving outside spaces.
Several companies in the U.K are in the search for gardeners that can work on local parks, hotels, farms, and nurseries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- At least 2 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.