Do you have experience working as a laboratory technician?
Then this post is for you!!
Laboratory technicians are the unsung heroes of many a scientific research lab. Laboratory technicians are able to work in vast area of science such as forensics, health and manufacturing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparing guidelines and work instructions for test methods to establish standard test procedures.
- Ensure that all samples are received and registered as per the procedures of categorization in the company.
- Conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials
- Ensure all received samples are adequate for analysis and are stored in the correct conditions to prevent distortion of results.
- Perform analysis on the received samples as per standard analysis process, and conduct more complex analysis if needed to identify deviation sources.
- Escalate issues and major deviation samples to the chemists and senior chemists
- Keep all testing equipment in proper operating condition to prevent distortion of results.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc Chemistry/Diploma in Lab Technology
- Good teamworking skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Time management